Two-Fifths of Adults Planning Holidays This Year to Travel with Parents, Survey Reveals
A new survey conducted by Skyscanner has revealed that a significant number of adults in the UK are planning to travel with their parentsparents in 2023. According to the survey, 40% of the 2,000 respondents intend to take a holiday with their parents this year. This article will provide more insights into the survey’s findings, popular destinations, and tips for traveling with parents.
The most popular destinations for parents and adult children include the UK, Europe, and the US. The UK tops the list, with 25% of respondents planning to visit, followed by Europe (20%) and the US (15%). Furthermore, the survey indicates that more parents and adult children are traveling together for long-haul holidays, with 10% planning to take a long-haul trip with their parents in 2023, up from 8% in 2022.
One of the reasons for the increased trend of parents and adult children traveling together is to spend quality time together and create lasting memories. Others see it as an opportunity to reconnect with their parents and learn more about their family history. Regardless of the reason, traveling with parents can be an enriching experience for both parties, offering a chance to bond, learn and create lasting memories.
If you’re planning to travel with your parents, here are some helpful tips to make the experience more enjoyable:
- Plan ahead: It’s essential to plan your trip in advance to avoid any last-minute surprises. This includes booking flights and accommodation, planning activities and attractions.
- Be flexible: While it’s good to have a plan, it’s equally important to be flexible. Be prepared to change your plans if necessary, especially if your parents have mobility or health issues.
- Be patient: Traveling with parents can be slow-paced, so it’s important to be patient. They may require more time to get around, especially if they are not as mobile as they used to be.
- Be respectful: Remember to treat your parents with respect, even if they are older. Show them consideration by being polite and thoughtful.
- Have fun: Finally, make sure to relax and enjoy your time together. Traveling with parents can be a lot of fun, so take the opportunity to create lasting memories.
In conclusion, the Skyscanner survey highlights the increasing trend of parents and adult children traveling together. Popular destinations include the UK, Europe, and the US, and long-haul holidays are becoming more popular.
Here are some additional tips for traveling with parents:
- Consider your parents’ interests and needs. When planning your trip, be sure to consider your parents’ interests and needs. For example, if they have mobility issues, you may want to choose a destination that is wheelchair accessible.
- Be prepared for unexpected events.Things don’t always go according to plan when traveling, so it’s important to be prepared for unexpected events. For example, you may want to pack a first-aid kit and a copy of your parents’ medical information.
- Take breaks. Traveling can be tiring, so it’s important to take breaks throughout your trip. This will help to keep everyone refreshed and relaxed.
- Make memories. Traveling with parents is a great opportunity to make memories that will last a lifetime. Be sure to take lots of pictures and videos, and spend time talking and getting to know each other better.